Professionals in agricultural and biosystems engineering, natural resource management, the agri-food chain and related fields are invited to collaborate in the World Congress on Computers in Agriculture and Natural Resources (WCCA) as participants or presenters.
The purpose of WCCA is to provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas related to the rational use of IT and to promote the exchange and collaboration between academics, researchers and industry. Also, to provide science and information to all stakeholders. This congress is held annually. The most recent WCCA’s were held in Greece (2019), India (2018), France (2017), Korea (2016), Poland (2015), Costa Rica (2014) and Italy (2013).
WCCA is organized by the International Network of Information Technology in Agriculture and Natural Resources (INFITA). INFITA is a collaboration between regional professional societies in Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and the Americas and the Caribbean. INFITA focuses on information technology from a scientific, technical, social and environmental perspectives.
2020 WCCA Topical Areas
- Decision Aids
- Social implications of Technology
- Modeling and Simulation of Complex Agro-Biological Systems and Supply Chains
- Mechatronics and Robotics
- Social Media in Extension
- Big Data and the Internet of Everything
- Data Science and Analytics in Agriculture and Biosystems
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Quantum Technology in Agriculture and Biosystems
- Online Education and Training
- Emerging Science and Technology
For more information on abstract submission and deadlines, see the Call for Abstract.